After a baby shower this weekend surrounded by my family, I officially have everything I need for Baby K’s impending arrival. Well, I have everything I think I need. Of course, you are never truly prepared for a baby. But I have at least organized the nursery and put everything in it’s place around our home. And because I love all things organization, I wanted to share the items that I know are a must-have!
- First, I want to start with a diaper bag. Initially, I wanted to purchase a designer tote and insert a baby organizer. But I’m delusional and not necessary (because who wants an expensive handbag ruined by baby poo and spit?!). My coworkers got me this gorgeous and classic diaper bag that has the perfect storage compartments built in. I also love that it has a crossbody strap as well as handles you can hold or throw over your shoulder.
- What do you put inside your diaper bag? Well, I got some tips from my sister and mom. The necessities include: Kleenex, Glad Bags, Hand Sanitizer, and Paci Wipes. Obviously, you need as many cleaning items as necessary! The glad bags were such a great tip because you can put new and/or dirty clothes inside of them without fear of making the inside of your bag all dirty. And maybe it’s just me, but I love packing all of my stuff in plastic bags when I travel because I can see what I have.
- When organizing Baby K’s dresser, I found these fantastic drawer organizers. They come in all shapes and sizes and you can find the perfect fit for any drawer. For example, I use the 9-compartment container for baby socks and mittens. I started just purchasing one for one drawer, and now I have them in all six drawers!
- Speaking of baskets, I LOVE this set of three baskets and these little knit baskets. The wicker baskets are on shelves in the nursery and hold things like diapers, wipes, bibs, and burp clothes. Not only are the little knit baskets adorable, but they are perfect storage for pacifiers! They add a cute (and practical baby organizer) touch to the nursery!
- Finally, two random items that I love are these floating shelves and this wipe dispenser. I hung up these floating shelves to display all of the books we will read to Baby K. Something I love about them is that they aren’t bulky and don’t take up too much precious space! And this wipe dispenser is a practical and appealing item for your changing table. It has a weighted insert and the lid pops open easily with a push so you can get your wipes as you need them.
What are some of your baby organization must-haves?! What’s in your baby organizer? Please let me know in the comments! I need all the help I can get 🙂