Cookies are a holiday tradition in many families, and nothing is better than delicious, easy to make holiday cookies! These shortbread cookies are only 4 ingredients, and are basically fool-proof because you can make them in under 45 minutes. Shortbread cookies are simple, elegant, and are a fun little addition to any holiday spread. The colorful sprinkles add the perfect cheer, and you can absolutely make these for any holiday – just change the sprinkle color!
Photography by Paige Winn Photo
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, chilled
- 2 tbsp of red and green sprinkles
- 1 tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In food processor with knife blade, pulse flour, sugar, and butter together until loose dough forms.
- Pour mixture into large bowl and add sprinkles.
- Add water to bring dough together.
- Form down into square log and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch squares and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until bottom is lightly browned.