image on left via Finch & Fawn.
- Have the Necessities: What is worse than staying at someone’s house and not knowing where the towels are?! Or a blanket for when you inevitably get cold? I love to have these items out in plain sight so my guests know where to find them!
- De-clutter: I think de-cluttering is one of my favorite hobbies. Putting everything in it’s place makes your home feel clean, but welcoming. Having a home that is too messy can be uncomfortable!
- Festive Touches: We all love to decorate for the holidays, and having guests makes it even more fun because you get to show it off!
- Make Space: If you keep extra things in your guest room, try to clear them out or hide them. Don’t leave out your clothes/make up/knickknacks that will make a guest feel cautious in their own space.
- Relax!: The holidays are for spending time with your friends and family, so relax and enjoy it! Whether your home is perfectly decorated or not, you will have your loved ones around you and that is all that matters!