I am a major planner in all things, and having a bedtime routine helps tremendously. What do bedtime and planning have to do with each other? Well, if you have a simple bedtime routine that helps you plan your tomorrow, it makes life SO much easier, and you can sleep peacefully! I have 5 simple tips and tricks that will help make your life just a little easier, and who doesn’t need that?!
Image via Bows & Sequins (I’m obsessed with her bedroom!)
- Tidy Up your Space: Nothing makes me more anxious than going to bed with STUFF everywhere! Even if it’s just a quick sweep, put the pillows back on the couch, fold that blanket, and stack up your mail laying on the kitchen table. It will put your mind at rest and you won’t wake up and notice the little things.
- Prepare your Lunch: This is really important for me, especially now that I’m pregnant and have to eat every 2 hours. I literally bring 2 lunch boxes to work every day full of snacks, my breackfast and my lunch. We always have the best intentions of packing lunch in the morning, but it never really happens. When I cook dinner each night, I always put a carton away for my lunch the next day while I’m making our plates.
- Pick Out your Outfit: Though I don’t lay my outfit out, I always go into my closet and pick out my outfit for the next day. This is invaluable when I wake up and can’t think straight! This will save you at least 5 minutes in the morning when you are rushed to get ready!
- To-Do List: Whether it’s a mental list, a list on your phone, or a handwritten list, just make one! Even if is a tiny list, having goals set out each day makes you feel productive.
- Put Everything you Need Out: I always set out my lunch box with my utensils, any packages I need to drop off, etc. the night before. It helps me when I am rushed in the morning and am likely to forget the small things.