Photos by Ben Clark
When you think of chic dining, you always think of starting off the night with a cheese plate. I’ll be honest with y’all, dairy is my weakness, especially cheese, but I can’t eat it because of my dairy allergy. However, in small doses (aka teenie-tiny bird bites) I can enjoy the lactose that I love so much.
So how do you recreate your favorite restaurant’s cheese plate? FORGET IT. You aren’t going to recreate, it, you are going to reinvent it and make it EVEN BETTER! It’s so simple. Beyond simple.
Here are my tips for creating the perfect cheese plate:
- Pick at least 3 cheeses: soft (goat, blue), semi-soft (asiago, swiss), and hard (parmesan).
- Add some nuts: I love pecans, but try almonds or toasted walnuts too!
- Throw some fruit on there: Obviously I picked grapes here because I loved the addition of color to this plate, but figs or oranges would be beautiful. Just buy what’s fresh!
- Crackers: Besides diary, carbs are my favorite food group (#notsorry), so make sure you provide a variety of crackers. Think whole grain, toasted, even cheesy crackers.
- OPTIONAL – Add some fresh herbs: I added rosemary and sage to this plate to add a beautiful aroma to the plate. And of course, it just looks pretty. Give your guests something to put on Instagram!
Now that you have your cheese plate under control, head over to Every Chic Way to see what summer wines to pair with it!