First, I want to say that this is a judgement-free zone. When it comes to things like television, music, and podcasts, we all have our guilty pleasures. Of course, we also all love to watch and listen to informative and interesting programs, too. So, when I decided to round up my favorite podcasts, I had a few guilty pleasures on my list. But, I also have some popular and illuminating podcasts on my list. Personally, I always listen to podcasts while I’m driving. For some reason, it helps control my road rage so I don’t focus on the horrible drivers that infest the city of Charlotte! I’m sure many of you have your favorite podcasts, so make sure to leave yours in the comments so I can check it out!
- Lore: The perfect scary story podcast. Lore explores the historical basis behind scary stories and why people believe these tales. I love learning about why people do and think the way they do, and this is a fun take on that. Each episode is around 30 minutes, so it is the perfect podcast for your commute home from work.
- Missing Richard Simmons: I’m sure many of you have heard of this podcast. I was skeptical at first, but once I started listening, I was hooked. The story follows a former friend of Richard Simmons who investigates where Simmons has gone. He interviews friends and acquaintances to explore why he has inexplicably dropped off the radar. Each episode is about 30 minutes, so you can easily listen to all six episodes during a day at work.
- Serial: If you’re one of the five people in this world who hasn’t listened to Serial, go listen! Season 1 follows the investigates the disappearance and murder of a high school girl and her accused killer. Season 2 explores the reasoning behind Bowe Berghahl’s decision to walk off his army base in the middle east.
- S-Town: From the makers of Serial and This American Life, S-Town starts off as a murder investigation in a small town. But then someone else ends up dead, and the story follows the life of a mysterious man and the people who cared about him. Oh, and there is also some hidden treasure! This podcast definitely didn’t follow the story I was expecting, but I really enjoyed where it ended up!
- This American Life: Each hour-long episode stands alone and explores a theme for the week. Some stories are funny, some are sad, some are serious, but there is always an interesting story to be told.
- My Favorite Murder: Hosted by two true-crime mega-fans, My Favorite Murder explores the hosts’, well, favorite murders. It’s basically two women discussing crime in a funny and entertaining way. I know I can’t be the only one who is obsessed with all things true-crime! This podcast is a fun take on a pretty gruesome topic.
- Straight up with Stassi: My guilty pleasure. I love any Bravo reality show, and that includes Vanderpump Rules. Don’t judge me. This podcast is hosted by Stassi from Vanderpump Rules, and she discusses whatever is on her mind. Mostly it’s pop culture and her take on current situations. It’s always hilarious, and Stassi basically says what everyone is too afraid to say. Don’t expect deep thoughts, but do expect to be entertained.
- The Bitch Bible: Another one of my favorite podcasts and guilty pleasures. Jackie Schimmel is another podcaster that discusses current events in a hilarious way. She says what everyone is thinking, and you want to be her best friend. I love listening to this when I just want to laugh.