Breakfast food is probably my favorite food category (maybe because it is mostly comprised of carbs and bacon). I am all about an easy breakfast to put together for a large crowd, and this cinnamon roll casserole is perfect. Not only is is insanely delicious – seriously, you will need to make two if you have more than 6 people – but it is also so easy to make. You basically just drop the ingredients in the pan and bake it to golden perfection.
I made this for my family when they came to visit me recently and we devoured it! Even my mom and brother-in-law who aren’t huge cinnamon roll fans ate this up. It is a must try, especially for New Year’s Day when you probably won’t want to put a lot of effort into cooking!
-3 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
-4 large eggs
-1 cup milk
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease glass baking dish.
2. Cut cinnamon rolls into fourths and layer in dish.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and cinnamon sugar.
4. Pour mixture over cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle extra cinnamon sugar over top if desired.
5. Bake until egg is cooked through and cinnamon rolls are golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
6. Heat up icing from cinnamon roll package and pour over top of warm rolls. Serve warm and with syrup if desired!