If you’re like me, your bedroom is your sanctuary. It is the place where you relax and decompress, and most importantly, sleep! Having a chaos-free bedroom is essential to having a peaceful mind every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to sleep. Making your bedroom relaxing can be achieved these five simple tips – tips that don’t require you hire Chip and Joanna to come redesign your bedroom!
VIA DEREK SWALWELL
1. Soft Bedding: This seems like a no-brainer, but investing in quality, high thread count bedding is a must! If you’ve never felt the difference, it will change your life!
2. Cozy Rugs: Nothing is worse than stepping onto a cold floor as soon as you wake up! Having a soft and cozy rug by your bed will make getting out of bed just a little easier.
3. Relaxing Scents (candles, sprays, infusers): Whenever I’m stressed, I like to light a subtly scented candle and wind down. Scents like lavender are perfect for your bedroom – just make sure to blow out the candle before you fall asleep!
4. Soft Lighting: I love natural light in any room in my home, but if you live in an apartment with limited windows, picking our the right lighting is imperative! Place a lamp on your bedside table and select a bulb with a lower wattage so it isn’t so glaring.
5. A Place for Your Fur Babies: If your pets sleep with you (mine do!), it can be hard to get comfy and share the space. My cats like to snuggle up to me all night, which I love, but they can get in the way. I’ve started putting a blanket at the end of my bed for them to sleep on and they always gravitate to it. If animals sleeping in your bed isn’t an option, put a pet cushion next to or near your bed so your fur babies can feel included.