Happy January! Do you want a happy and healthy life, home, everything? Work on yourself and follow these 5 tips for making your 2016 happy.
- Stop comparing. We are all guilty of it – I know I am. Comparing yourself to other people will only bring you down and will stop you from being the best you can be.
- Let go of the feeling that your house must be perfect all the time. Another thing I definitely do since I am a perfectionist. HGTV has given us unrealistic expectations of what homes “always” look like. Your home is for living, so live in it!
- Find a balance between putting yourself first and doing things for other people. Think about it like what they tell you on airplanes – you have to put the oxygen on yourself first before you can help anyone else. It’s true, you’ve got to take care of yourself before you can help other people so you can give them you all, too.
- Don’t define yourself by your things. I know you’re thinking I’m crazy since I’m a blogger and I love things. I admit it, I really do love stuff. But that isn’t what is important. You are much more than what you own.
- Don’t spend what you don’t have. Again, I do this too. Credit cards are evil (but wonderful). Make sure you stay in your budget and go easy on spending so you aren’t constantly stressed about paying off your debts.