Happy New Year’s Eve!!
I enjoyed my food post so much that I’m bringing you all a little recipe for a delicious libation I tried out over the holidays. This festive drink has all of my favorite things: champagne and fruit. The sweet raspberries with the citrusy orange is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite champagne or prosecco. I will definitely be making this tonight as I ring in the New Year!
1 pint raspberries
1 bottle of your favorite bubbly
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
Pomegranate seeds to garnish (if desired)
To Make Simple Syrup:
1. Add cup of water and cup of sugar to sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Peel rind of orange (make sure to only get the orange part – the white part is yucky!) and place in sauce pan.
3. Put about 10-12 raspberries into sauce pan and smash up.
4. Stir and let mixture come to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. Once cooled, strain orange peel and raspberries and save liquid.
To Assemble Drink:
7. Pour about a tablespoon of simple syrup into bottom of champagne glass, add bubbly, and garnish with pomegranate seeds or raspberries! Enjoy!